Victoria’s Authentic Italian Restaurant
Ospitalità Italiana was created to promote authentic Italian restaurants around the world which guarantees the quality and standards of Italian hospitality.
Il Covo Trattoria is honoured to be awarded by the Italian Chamber of Commerce the Ospitalità Italiana seal certifying us as a truly authentic Italian restaurant.
Wednesday ~ Sunday from 5:00pm
Earlier seating times are for 2 hours during this time in order to adhere to the Provincial Health Orders.
*Please proceed to our Superior Street entrance for dining reservations.
*As per new B.C. Provincial health regulations, it is mandatory for guests to wear face masks in the restaurant except when seated at your table. The new regulations also require that you dine only with your household or core bubble with a maximum of 6 people at a table. Thank you!
Enjoy a taste of Italy at home!
Take-out available Wednesday through Sunday!
- 10% discount has been applied to all food items placed online and by phone for pickup orders.
- Secure online ordering system for no contact payment and easy ordering.
- Online orders can be placed anytime and any day.
- Phone orders can be placed Wednesday to Sunday from 2:00pm to 9:00pm. Payment upon arrival. Please ask about our weekly features!
- All orders for pickup are available between 5:00pm and 9:00pm in a safe and sanitized outside area on our Kingston Street entrance.
- Email orders are not available.
We have implemented safety procedures and protocols which includes enhanced practises to ensure a safe and healthy environment for all our guests and staff. Strict measures we’ve taken as set out by WorkSafeBC and Ministry of Health include:
- reduced seating capacity along with 6ft/2m distancing between tables. Plexiglass dividers have been also been placed between tables.
- implemented enhanced safety and sanitization training protocols for all staff members including heightened hand washing procedures.
- providing separate areas outside for reservations and take-out pickups with signage and distancing allowances.
- hands-free soap in washrooms and sanitizer dispensers throughout the restaurant for guests and staff.
- increased high touch surfaces sanitization throughout the restaurant.
- social distancing measures in place.
- enhanced cleaning and sanitization before and after closing along with professional cleaning each morning.
- enhanced cleaning protocols for all common areas, surfaces, washrooms and dining tables/chairs throughout the evening by designated staff members.
- employee sick policy in place.
- enhanced safety and sanitization procedures for kitchen staff.
- every staff member wears face masks as per mandatory regulations.
As we navigate through a new system for all of us, we thank you for your understanding and patience. We are grateful to be able to continue to provide a memorable, enjoyable and safe experience for all our valued guests. We look forward to seeing you all again. Grazie mille!
Trattoria – “an Italian style eating establishment serving classic home-cooked Italian cuisine in a warm and welcoming neighborhood atmosphere” – Located in historic James Bay steps from the Inner Harbour in a 100 year old heritage building, Il Covo Trattoria opened in June 2014, is family run and authentically Italian.
Enjoy casual, rustic Italian food and feel like you’ve walked in off the street in Italy into a warm old world trattoria. The owner hailing from Genova Italy, started serving flavors of Italy in Victoria since 1999. At Il Covo Trattoria, the menu consists of family recipes and northern Italian classics offering freshly made in-house traditional cuisine.
Daily features are chosen from all regions of Italy…depending on the passionate inspiration of the Chef and kitchen that day! You’ll enjoy house-made pastas, focaccia bread, classic desserts, traditional dishes, antipasti and more. With attention to detail, each signature dish is beautifully presented using fresh, locally sourced seasonal ingredients, along with herbs and edible flowers that are seasonally grown in the restaurant garden.
Enjoy an Italian family dining experience with our popular ‘Family style’ 4 course dinner that our Chef chooses nightly and are shared courses served traditionally Famiglia style.
Behind the bar is an offering of classic Italian beverages and creative craft cocktails with a focus on the season, along with a selection from local distilleries and breweries. The thoughtful wine list features Italian, international and BC wineries.
During the warmer season enjoy dining al fresco in the popular Italian inspired garden patio.
Il Covo is a memorable and truly authentic Italian dining experience perfect for special occasions, intimate dinner dates or parties.